I have been fortunate to have had several children's poems published
in a number of books, as well as my forthcoming debut picture book,
Flashlight Night (Boyd's Mills Press, Sept. 5, 2017):
You can also find some of my poetry in the following books:
The National Geographic Book of Nature Lullaby and Kisses Sweet (Abrams,
Poetry (National Geographic Children's 2015); poem "First Tooth"
Books, Oct. 2015); poem “Rainbow (Read a review HERE!)
Catch Your Breath: Writing Poignant The Poetry Friday Anthology for Celebrations
Poetry by Laura Purdie Salas (Capstone, (Pomelo Books, 2015); poem "Picky Eater"
2015); poems "Abandonment," "Voice" (Read a review HERE!)
Dear Tomato: An International Crop of Food One Minute till Bedtime (Little, Brown Books
& Nature Poems (Carol-Ann Hoyte, 2015); for Young Readers, 2016); poem "A Visit
poems "Growing Greens," "Pumpkin," "Fair to the Forest"
is Fair (a Lesson in Free Trade)"
Don't Ask a Dinosaur (w/Deborah Bruss, co-author) (Pow! Kids Books, Spring 2018)
Poems are Teachers (Heinemann, Fall 2017); poem "Soccer Sides"
School People (Boyds Mills Press/Wordsong, Spring 2018); poem “Bus Driver”
ALSO: Two additional children's poetry anthologies and an all-ages poetry anthology...
details hopefully soon!
Over the years, my adult-oriented poetry has found its way into various
journals and anthologies, as well, including the following...
- Trigger Warning: Poetry Saved My Life (Swimming with Elephants Publications, LLC,
2014); “Coming to Terms”
- Halcyon Magazine (Summer 2014); “Oceanside”
- The 5-2: Crime Poetry Weekly; (June 2013) “Flight,” (May 2014) “To the Accused”
- Seasons of Change (Tall Grass Writers Guild, 2011); “In the Glen”
- The Licking River Review (2011); “Purgatory”
- Assisi: Journal of Arts & Letters (2010); “Francis and the Saint”
- Visions (Metamorphosis Publishing, 1989); “Bantam, CT ( July 1989)”
- The Henniker Review (1984); “The Situation”
Matt (at) MattForrest (dot) com
Need to get over to my
I would love to visit your school or library!
To read my bio and view my credits,
please click HERE for the official Media Kit!